Popular Posts


Thursday 16 July 2009

Belle

It is with great happiness that this blog entry is to detail how Belle has been doing in her new home!

Once her gut problems had cleared I could see no reason why she couldn’t start her new life with her new family so I dropped her off five days ago along with her bedding and a couple of days food.

It’s always indescribably nerve-wracking to rehome a Mastino and I am the first one to admit that I probably go overboard with instructions and guidance because it is so important to me that the dog settles as quickly as possible! However I had nothing to worry about as these owners have listened to everything I’ve told them and have the space for Mastini to be happy.

I can now reveal that Belle has gone to live with Luca, the poor dog that lived in muddy yard all his life and didn’t leave it to go for a walk for over a year. His owners did a fantastic job with him so they were the obvious choice for such an important job raising a Mastino pup! He has taken to his new Mastina friend beautifully, gently but firmly helping to teach her about manners better than ANY human could!

So far so good; everything is going well, with Belle relaxing more every day and already adores her male owner now that she knows he’s actually not a scary bloke and really quite nice!

Here are some pictures that I took during the follow up visit the other day of Belle with her new Dad and Uncle Luca! They make me very happy….